Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Project, 4g Distributor / Ecu ( Obd-1 )

Vehicle
    88 LX-i coupe 91 LX coupe

Exclamation Project, 4g Distributor / Ecu ( Obd-1 )

My brother pulled it off. His 88 accord is now OBD1. Its running a F22 accord distributor and a ECU conversion harness. We've been trying different ECUs aswell. We've tried the stock F22 ecu and a stock P75 LS ecu. Both ecu's ran better then the old setup, but the P75 ran the best with good idle. Lowend torque and smoothness was definately felt right off the bat. The engine revs up much quicker in nuetral and pulls harder. This also really opens more possiblities for ECU upgrades with all the modifications available for the OBD1 ecu's, probably gonna get a chip next for the P75 or tune our AEM EMS to the A20. We hope to take it to the dyno soon, looking to make 150+ hp now. anyways more details to come.

oh by the way, we still have one complete B20a 5speed package that we need to sell. Email if your interested.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Kewl...
    Too bad I can't use it... at the moment.
    - llia

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    Whats the P75 computer? How do you make a conversion harness? What year/model F22 ecu and distributor did you use, there are differences between the years, not just models or generations, I have alot of these parts was thinking about doing the distributor swap for years...
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    Hey maybe if we can perfect this maybe we can get some hondata support or somthing... this could be really an advancement. Sorry for dp

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    oh boy here we go. everyone will want this now.
    Mike (justanothermike), you should make HOW TO about this.
    Alex.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1990 Honda Accord Ex 5spd.
    most def. A how 2 would be excellent, It has my interest sparked, i am almost ready to run out to the nearest junkyard and get me one. Let us know..quickly.

and another question on your bleeder were does that line go to? you have that fancy one on there and i look at mine it doesn't go anywere. what did you do with it?
    Last edited by Immeraufdemhund; 05-17-2003 at 08:50 AM.
    "If you were paying attention DANIEL you'd know the Nintendo's pass threw everything!"
    - Col Jack O'Neal - Stargate sg-1.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    burgundy 86 honda accord/ brown 89 chevy caprice wagon
    mike obviously hasent been following the GM progress. its ready to close now. had to sort out some details and get it clean enough to pass emisions. belive it or not emisions and gas milage and performance dont mix. gas mileage and performance no problem. keeping the catalytic converter happy that a whole different story. mike get in touch.
    Want your A series to kick a B series engines ass?email me for detials or check out our site

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Well he said his bro did it... Mike's the go-between I suppose... No offense.
    - llia

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    So his shop made a dream into driveable reality, we should be happy instead of, "but what about me and my work".

We also need to remember that this information is brought to us as a gift. But as such, mike is in the difficult position that since this was created at a shop who's business is dirived(ms) from doing this kind of work, it may not be in their best interest to give you complete details, least people not give them that business. So, mike may or may not be able to shaire with us a how to. If we can't have a how to, just be greatfull that you were given a heads up on a factual working system that gives you a alternate route to take in doing such a system, yourself.

I for one am gratefull that mike did the post, thank you mike.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    my point is that the obd1 honda ECM's are a step backwards. they still dont have knock protection and to top it off the f22a dizzy is prone to spark scatter and module death. im not critizing. im just saying. that hondas hardware and software arent tunner firendly. and for what it would cost to scavange the parts you could have a trick GM setup and it would be 10x more programable then the best hondata setup around.
    Want your A series to kick a B series engines ass?email me for detials or check out our site

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

Vehicle
    that is very true, just ask any 4th gen owner, those internal coils and the ignitor modules fail very commonly, and at like $150 or so per ignitor from honda... damn... Oh yea and Hondata aint cheap at all

DX User

Unhappy

P75 LS? what is that off of?.. integra? :|

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    Playing devil's advocate for a bit... After market caps are available that allow you to run an external coil, I'd like to think that they help the spark scatter as well.

andy

Vehicle
    88 Accord
    I would much rather have the DIS and be done with it. That is just my personal opinion.

Vehicle
    yeah that is better in terms of reliability and sheer tunability... i mean, no distributor to fail, its just harder to install and get it to work, custom fab stuff is involved.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by AccordEpicenter
    yeah that is better in terms of reliability and sheer tunability... i mean, no distributor to fail, its just harder to install and get it to work, custom fab stuff is involved.
    actually there is no fab involved. its a bolt on.unless your carbed
    the the fuel line is fab but thats novice easy.

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

Wow, this beats paying USD$2400 for a Haltech E6X. I would kill for the possibility to run Uberdata AND DIS ignition in my 3G. I think I would pay up to USD$1000 for having a OBD1 (chippable and Uberdata capable) ECU running in my car. I don't know what you pay for a P75 ECU over there, nor the cost of the conversion harness, or the OBD1 distributor, but (in a while) I will need programmable fuel management, and if it's cheaper than the Haltech, sure, why not?

Building a fast Honda with mostly Honda OEM parts is a thaught that makes me happy.

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    this is something that I have thought about but like SEAN said there dizzy isn't the best, My bro has replaced his module twice so far in his 4G and he has had the car for a year.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    93 Integra LS-S
    Quote Originally Posted by jstyle711
    P75 LS? what is that off of?.. integra? :|
    Definite. What other USDM Honda come in the LS trim?
    Quote Originally Posted by k-roy
    Street racing is for idiots.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin86
    this is something that I have thought about but like SEAN said there dizzy isn't the best, My bro has replaced his module twice so far in his 4G and he has had the car for a year.
    my sister's 4g had it changed only once and it was at 154K miles and it was 2 years back. never had a problem since

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    Talk about bringing a dead thread back to life.I missed this thread completly.So I'm happy.

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Houston, Texas (Home of the Quicksilver project)
    Sure wish Mike and Darryl would share some more information on this swap though. I'm trying to do the same thing, but it is very slow going reinventing the wheel. C'mon, guys, how about it? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to know more about how you did this.
    "Feed their greed with your need for speed"

Vehicle
    93 civic
    I would love to meet mike and darryl, maybe Fred from SF Honda will introduce me to you

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by smufguy
    my sister's 4g had it changed only once and it was at 154K miles and it was 2 years back. never had a problem since
    It one of those thing that just go out at random, mine went out on me a week ago all of sudden with no warning.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    Well guys I don't want to be an ass but this is an easy conversion...

Look at the picture carefully. The bottom bolt (not shown in the picture) should line up without problem. The rear top bolt is held in place by a custom bracket and spacers (probably). The front top bolt may or may not line up but it's not a problem... the carbed 3g distributor is held in place by 2 bolts and does not suffer in any way..

For the wiring, you need to add the 2 wires for the crank sensor and 1 wire for the igniter. Some of the 4th gen Accords had an external coil from the factory (depends of the years) so the internal coil failing isn't a problem. If you're worried by the igniter, just get an external ignitor from a 3rd gen Prelude.

The rest of the swap is just a wiring issue which is pretty simple I think.

He used the F series distributor but the D or B series might just work as fine (or maybe better)

I do not have an A20A anymore so I can't really help you on this one...

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742