Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Welcome to Dick Head Racing inc.Mounts & More

Vehicle
    2005 ES2 Civic, 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4

Re: Welcome to Dick Head Racing inc.Mounts & More

good one. considering one of my best friends has been swindled out of 600+ dollars i think i do have something invested in this.

thanks for insulting what you deduce as my character from my non-acceptance of a half hearted apology.

and i'll continue to "persue" my options.
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments

Come on now guys, can we all stop saying who did or didn't apologize, or who thinks they deserve an apology, or says they will or will not give an apology, etc. This is childish shit that's just clouding up the real issue here.
    -Mark D.

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments

Quote Originally Posted by nswst8 View Post
    I've already spoke with a lawyer. If you feel you were the victim of fraud then persue it. It is your right to do so.
    I think Phil hit the nail on the head here. Regardless of who said what, or apologized for something said, or didn't, that's all water under the bridge here.

The bottom line is that we don't know much about Tommy's where-abouts or what his situation really is. What we do know is only that there's been no contact since all the money was collected. Innovative appears to have worked out the kinks, and I'm guessing is very near (if not ready for) being able to produce these mounts on demand.

At this point, if someone wants to pursue some legal avenues to getting their money back, I think they'd have a leg to stand on given that they've now waited until the delivery date of early September (reference Post #332 here), and have yet to receive any communication informing of a delay, or any refund of their purchase, or the product itself.

It's just that until September rolled around, no delivery date had been missed, so it could have been seen to be jumping the gun.

Can we please just keep any additional posts on this thread to just updating of status of someone's attempts to contact Tommy, or advice from a lawyer, or advice from any other judicial system representative, etc. This really sucks that it's come to this, but let's all try and keep out heads screwed on straight and work together and help eachother with the advice/info we may receive.

I'm not telling anyone to seek legal assistance here, just saying that IMO, it looks like if you want to be refunded your money, that may very well be your only avenue at this point. Don't forget the statute of limitations is very long on theft/fraud, so if you want to be patient and see if he comes through in the end, I expect you could do that without risking missing your window of opportunity to get the money back through the courts. Either way you slice it, it's an uphill battle.

.....BUT

If there's any silver lining to this, what Tommy did do was assist Innovative by providing the P/R mounts which gave them a place to start from, which resulted in the fact that these are now available directly from Innovative without the need to wait for others in a group buy. So, if you really want these mounts, and are willing to put aside your feelings and loss from this group buy (and deal with it aside from a B-swap project), you can order the mounts from Innovative and get your project back on track to completion. The $300 you're out will be a drop in the bucket once you add everything up after the swap is in and running. (No I'm not trying to lighten the blow of this sour g/b though.)
    -Mark D.

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

You have three possible resolutions to this problem:

A) Wait and hope something happens (aka do nothing)
    B) Get money back
    C) Get mounts

If anybody has anything useful at this point to say about any of this stuff, PM me or Mark and we'll consider unlocking this thread. Up to this point, it's a useless shitfest (except Mark's above post). PM amongst yourselves your personal attacks. New threads on this topic will be deleted UNLESS YOU HAVE ACTUALLY DONE SOMETHING TO WORK TOWARDS A RESOLUTION. No "I called this person, or I talked to this person" or any more he-said, she-said, you-said I want this, I want that BS.

Thanks and HAVE A GREAT DAY!
    Last edited by 2ndGenGuy; 09-02-2009 at 11:28 AM.