Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STOP Place Racing Mounts

Accord of the Year - 2008

Vehicle
    89 Accord No Motor and 88 Accord HB LX-i

Angry STOP Place Racing Mounts

I want to let you guys know there is a set of Place Racing Mounts on Ebay i am asking you guys not to bid on them. I have a friend who owns a machine/fabrication shop and he is willing to make copies of them but i need to win them first that's why i am asking you guys not to bid on them. I know there a lot of you guys that want a set of these and getting these will save a lot of time on getting more made.
    Last edited by TWOLOUDNPROUD; 12-19-2008 at 09:07 PM.
    LX-R coming soon Here's a hint. 89mm stroke/ 41.60cc head /ARP head & main stud's /SRP piston's 81.5mm 9:5:1/Crower Rod's & more to come

Vehicle

Re: STOP Place Racing Mounts

Bump
    LX-R coming soon Here's a hint. 89mm stroke/ 41.60cc head /ARP head & main stud's /SRP piston's 81.5mm 9:5:1/Crower Rod's & more to come

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

i love you

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord SE-i Coupe

The person on ebay has no clue what these are worth really, They even said this much in a question. If you guys REALLY want this to happen, you will listen to the good man.

(And no, i will not be going b in my coupe. Maybe another project someday...)
    '89 SE-i Coupe
    Awaiting Garage
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter View Post
    its better to be retarded than advanced

Vehicle

These mounts are so hard to come by since Place Racing went out of business and any that has a set want a arm & leg for them. I want to make then affordable for everyone. Lot of us on can't afford to pay 400 to 500 for mounts and that why our accord are dieing off because there very limited options we have for motor swaps bring these mounts back opens doors and keep more Accords alive.

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

good luck man! i hope you get them would be sweet to see some mounts in the making!

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    94 accord DX coupe , 89 LX (R.I.P) , 89 LX-i Coupe (sold)

good luck with this.. would be nice to see it done so all the people begging for them can shut up lol.. also are you looking into the linkage that he says he has? or just gonna do mounts

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by labeledsk8r View Post
    good luck with this.. would be nice to see it done so all the people begging for them can shut up lol.. also are you looking into the linkage that he says he has? or just gonna do mounts
    Legend_master & Accordtheory figured out the linkage and axles and i can make the OBD-0 to OBD-1 adaptor if i win the mounts i plan to work with Legend_master & Accordtheory on a howto thread for a b-series swaps.

Vehicle
    ???? ????? ???? ?? ???

This is great!

You Da Man!

I Really Hope This works out
    2004-2011?

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Hatch (Sold),1989 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 88 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 89 LX-i Sedan (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by ghettogeddy View Post
    i love you
    that goes double from me too

Vehicle
    88 accord hb dx

ty! let us no!
    ...If you're ever confused about anything in life... it probably has something to do with money$...

Vehicle
    86lxi hatch auto 87lxi hatch auto 88 lxi hatch 5-speed 96 sedanex 5-speed 88 carb coupe 88 sedan carb

this needs to be bumped again!
    glad to see your back! uok? (i'll check other)
    glad i came here first instead of ebay i aleays search 89 accord or a20a3

"Weight is relative to power like time is relative to speed"

Vehicle
    89 accord lxi

Good luck. Hope you get 'em for cheap.
    Originally Posted by Justanothermike
    my A20 is not SLOW. ur A20 is slow.

Vehicle
    86lxi hatch auto 87lxi hatch auto 88 lxi hatch 5-speed 96 sedanex 5-speed 88 carb coupe 88 sedan carb

omfg at the.... you'll make em for that cheap right?

"Weight is relative to power like time is relative to speed"

Vehicle
    2012 Civic si, old bikes.

this is cool shit man!

It snice to see that someone is willing to take them and make copies..

Keep us updated

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250

I think people make the wiring out to be harder than it really is. I have helped with 2 of the place racing harness' which had issues from the start. If you have the wiring diagrams to your car then you can make it work. I have learned a lot after converting my car to OBD-1 to run the AEM EMS.

If you make a kit for the mounts i would definately keep it similar to the PRI design so it can be welded in as well. The rear cross member area especially i have seen stress cracks in the rear member because its not strong enough with just bolts and i believe someone actually ripped their mount off.

Hasport sells inserts as well but they run $103 for 3 mounts. And if your having the mounts made make the change so the center is smaller so you won't have to sleeve the mount. My set came out nice and the dash vibration should be cut down as the inserts are softer but you can get stiffer ones for race applications.

Good luck!

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX

Anyone can figure out the wiring harness. Add 2 wires for the distributor 1 for the igniter and another for the O2 heater.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by RobT5580 View Post
    I think people make the wiring out to be harder than it really is. I have helped with 2 of the place racing harness' which had issues from the start. If you have the wiring diagrams to your car then you can make it work. I have learned a lot after converting my car to OBD-1 to run the AEM EMS.

If you make a kit for the mounts i would definately keep it similar to the PRI design so it can be welded in as well. The rear cross member area especially i have seen stress cracks in the rear member because its not strong enough with just bolts and i believe someone actually ripped their mount off.

Hasport sells inserts as well but they run $103 for 3 mounts. And if your having the mounts made make the change so the center is smaller so you won't have to sleeve the mount. My set came out nice and the dash vibration should be cut down as the inserts are softer but you can get stiffer ones for race applications.

Good luck!
    I talk to Innovative about useing there bushing inserts the guy i talk to said he will give me a good deal on them and they have three different bushing to chose from 60A/75A/85A. Now for the back mount i will talk to my guy when i get the mounts to see what we can do to make it better where i wont crack.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by carotman View Post
    Anyone can figure out the wiring harness. Add 2 wires for the distributor 1 for the igniter and another for the O2 heater.
    If you are staying ODB-0 yes it not to bad but a lot of guys have a hard time going from OBD-0 to OBD-1 in our accord's speciality some of the younger kids on here you and I have been doing the wiring so long when we think about it is easy to some of the other guys on it mind as well be another language and a lot of the want to swap like a B16a/b or a B18C1/5 with a Chipped P28 Ecu. I am not in this for the money i am just tired of going the the wrecking yard and 90% of there Honda stock is the 86-89 Accord with very few options out there for swap and a lot of the people that own our accord don't have a lot of money i want to give them a affordable option to keep them on the road.
    Last edited by TWOLOUDNPROUD; 12-20-2008 at 09:01 PM.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX 5-speed, 1995 BMW 525i 5-speed

I think TWOLOUADNPROUD will actually pull this through. He's one of the only members whose done what he planned to do. Good luck!
    Sam

1989 Accord LX: Sold with 208k-now somewhere around 230k with new owner

Current:
    2014 Elantra Sport 6MT
    2000 Montero Sport 4x4 (beater, trail rig)

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

good good. the chances of me owning a b20 vtec accord hatch have jsut gotten better.

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

Quote Originally Posted by AccordB20A View Post
    good good. the chances of me owning a b20 vtec accord hatch have jsut gotten better.
    same lol

Vehicle
    '88 civic wagon

Quote Originally Posted by ghettogeddy View Post
    same lol
    x2 on that lol

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

..now that's quality posting right there, go forth and mulitply (conversion mounts)

Vehicle
    2005 ES2 Civic, 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4

twoloud... i would be willing to bid on these as well if the price goes up... i also messaged him to see if he would be willing to sell them locally... if that's the case all i would ask for in return is half the amount i paid as a sort of security deposit. i would then send them to you and your friend could do the plans... i would also like to say that we could make some rudimentary copies from them as well to make our own design to test with... let me know what you think.

also lx-incredible has made obd0-obd1 adapters for the accord but the only problem is that we don't have the plate to test it with but the pinouts were followed to a t so i'm sure it will work just fine.

again let me know what you think... i won't bid unless needed, also you can bid and i can help with some money if it comes down to that. thanks!
    dead white and blue